Zac Plantz Memorial Scholarship
The Zac Plantz Memorial Scholarship is awarded to incoming high school freshmen who embody the mission of the Zac Plantz Foundation and honor the spirit of Zac through their commitment to academic, spiritual, and social growth.
How To Apply
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to leadership, talent, and service. The scholarship will be presented to students who will positively contribute to their communities and show the potential to establish inspiring legacies of their own through their faith-based secondary education and extra-curricular involvement.
- All applicants for the 2024-2025 academic year must be an incoming freshman attending a Chicago-area Catholic high school.
- Applicants must fill out the online application form here: https://forms.gle/3MDRUqAbfRewkemMA
- Applications will be reviewed after the submission deadline, and applicants will be notified upon application review of their award status (potentially up to a full 4-year scholarship).
- All applications must be submitted via the online form by Friday, January 5, 2024.
Instructions for Application Submittal – Zac Plantz Memorial Scholarship
- Access the online application via the link here: https://forms.gle/3MDRUqAbfRewkemMA
- Include a copy of your most recent report card and responses to the prompts outlined below.
- Submit the online application form by Friday, January 5th, 2024.
Please answer the following questions as outlined in the online application:
- Personal Statement: Please respond to the prompt below, up to a max of 350 words
- Part of the mission of the Zac Plantz Foundation (ZPF) is to “shepherd the odd man out.” We honor Zac’s legacy by embodying his spirit, which rests on the pillars of leadership, community, faith, passion, and fun. With this in mind, please briefly tell us about yourself, what our mission means to you, and how you incorporate the pillars of the ZPF into your daily life.
- Short Answer Prompts: Please respond to all of the prompts below, up to a max of 200 words for each
- Which of your many talents are you most proud of? Please explain why you are proud of this talent.
- What are some of your goals and aspirations for the future – after high school? How will your high school experience support you on your path?
- Please list your involvement in activities during 6th-8th grades. (This could include visual arts, drama, music, community service, math, science, athletics, hobbies, awareness/advocacy, etc.)
If you experience any difficulty accessing or filling out the application, or if you have any questions prior to submittal, please send an email to email@example.com.
Zachary “Zac” Plantz was a Frankfort, IL native graduating near the top of his class at Providence Catholic High School. He was an all-state football selection and went on to earn a degree and become a rugby stand-out at the University of Notre Dame. Zac’s career moves and commitments to his community were stepping-stones toward his ultimate life goal—to build a better city, a better country, and a better tomorrow for everyone he met along the way.